So many Bigflex Dogg Club members have been asking me this question… “What do I eat if I train first thing in the morning, Bigflex?”
Some people get up at 4 am to train and don’t have time for breakfast, so this is my advice if you’re in this situation. I will also discuss what to do if you have time for breakfast, don’t worry, I’ve got you!
If you cannot eat before training in the morning because of time, you need to do the following things:
- Get yourself hydrated fast by drinking half a gallon of water before/during the workout, this will help with performance, recovery, and digestion after training.
- Use essential amino acids before and during the workout to offset the catabolic effects of training, which are going to hit you harder because you’re fasted. I strongly recommend my Generate formula, it’s awesome!!
- Right after training you will need a fast-digesting whey protein isolate and a carbohydrate powder, in a 2:1 ratio (carbs are the higher ratio here). This will help replenish your depleted muscles and support recovery
- You need a solid post-workout meal about 45 minutes later, which should have protein, carbohydrates, some healthy fat, and veggies to nourish your body. This is your first proper meal of the day, so this really matters!
If you have time for breakfast then most of the things I said above remain the same, the only difference is that you have fuel in the tank beforehand.
- Hydrate yourself, you already know the reasons why
- Consume some easy digesting carbohydrates in your pre-workout meal which won’t sit heavy on the stomach – A cream of rice with berries is a great example or perhaps some Ezekiel bread. Go for a low-fat protein source like egg whites, which digest really easily
- Give yourself about 60 minutes for this meal to digest before training
- The post-workout routine with your supplements and meal remains the same, it is about replenishing the body and boosting recovery fast!
Training in the morning is absolutely fine, fasted or with a meal in you… It just requires knowledge on what to do at the correct times!
P.S.: Share this #bigflexdoggMail with your training partner so they can benefit from my Getting Shredded results too!
If you do want to do things my way, join Bigflex Dogg Club HERE: https://www.bigflexdoggsbc.com/blog
I’d like you to send this #bigflexdoggMail to one friend if you feel it will benefit them!
P.S.: In tomorrow’s #bigflexdoggMail I will discuss something I recommend doing with your post-workout meal for better results. Don’t miss it!